Z is for Michelle Zink

Tuesday 30 April 2013




   Hi everyone, I'm so sad, because today is my last A-Z Challenge post! :( I had so much fun doing this, I got to meet many bloggers who are book-obsessed just like myself. I've learned many things, especially that if you're doing this challenge, you better comment on people's posts, they and other people will definitely comment back, and you'll get more views. I started with about 120 views, and look where I am now, at almost 2000! That's a big achievement for me! 


   Anywho, since this is the last A-Z post, lets make it the best. (By the way, starting from tomorrow, I'll be posting reviews and the usual stuff again, and I will make them just as good as these posts!) 

  For today, I decided to dedicate this post to Michelle Zink. You see, she has the same name as me! She's the author of Prophecy of the Sisters, Guardian of the Gate, Circle of Fire, and more. 

  Title: Prophecy of the Sisters
  Author: Michelle Zink
  Rating: 5/5 stars
  Release Date: August 1, 2009
  Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers


   I read this a while ago, it was one of my first teen novels to read. I adored it. If you like steampunk, Victorian, romance novels, this one's for you, my honeychild. (Not trying to be Nicki Minaj here.) 

  This takes place in the Victorian era in England, where two twin sisters, Lia and Alice Milthrope have just become orphans, and have become enemies. They discover that a prophecy has divided the two against each other, and not only the two of them, but generations of sisters have overcome the mystery that entangles both girls into a vivid tale for any teen lurking for something different.

  I loved this book, I really did, but what the first book had doesn't always stay the same for the second...

  The Guardian of the Gate, the sequel, was disgusting. I hated it! I was thinking, what has Michelle Zink gone to? I wished that the book just finished with the first book, and that's it. But no, she had to go on with the wholeee story. Grr. That's all I could say.

  So, the lesson here is, that you should never assume that the sequel will be just as good as the first novel. I did, and look what I ended up with. hehe...

Thank you, creators of the A-Z Challenge. I had a blast, doing this. 

Your fellow bookworm,

Michelle (not Zink)

4 comments :

  1. Congratulations on finishing the challenge. It's definitely a big achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the #atozchallenge !
    @JLenniDorner

    Do you think there will be a third book? Would that be better or worse, in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, there is a third book, called Circle of Fire. I'm definitely not going to read that one, I think I've got enough of the series! ;)

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!