Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots, by Abby McDonald

Saturday 18 May 2013



Title: Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots
Author: Abby McDonald
Rating: 3.5/5 stars
Release Date: April 13, 2010
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Format: Hardcover Edition


   Now, this is what I'd call a summer read, although when I read this, I was sick and just felt for a fun, girly read, and this is what it was.


  I feel as if this novel, was that cheesy read that has a cheesy romance and is predictable. That is why, my fellas, I didn't like this novel too much. It could've been better, wayyyy better. 


  Being a Canadian, I felt as if this novel gave me a connection. Spending a summer in a small-town British Columbian town, I understood how much fun Jenna had, exploring the wilderness and all that. Us Canadians do have beautiful land.


   Adventrous, fun, and trying to save the world, Jenna is a good heroine. Although she did seem unhappy in a few ways in my opinion, I thought that she's a likeable person and one of the few that I did seem to like in one way or another.


    This book is one that will have you awwing at the right time, and that will have you smiling by the end. Pick up this book, maybe you'll like it or maybe you won't. 


  

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!