Chime, by Franny Billingsley

Saturday 18 May 2013


Title: Chime
Author: Franny Billingsley
Rating: 3/5 stars
Release Date: April 12, 2012
Publisher: Speak
Format: Paperback Edition


  Coming from a historical-fiction hater, Chime, to me, wasn't that bad. In fact, I kind of enjoyed it, if you call a 3 star rating enjoyable.

   I'd say that this novel was a mix. It had about everything, from a historic setting, to witches, to some romance and thrill. 

   Despite the whole enjoyable comment a few sentences up, I may say that I became bored at times. I felt that this novel was slow-paced, where I usually enjoy fast-paced novels at times. Chime could've been better, at that concept of it's pacing.

    As the plot became boring and dull, it also had a special spark that I found myself craving for. You can't just leave this book, it's like it would never leave you. It's there, with it's sad eyes creeping for you to just open it. You can't let it go.

    Briony and Rose were two characters that I quite became fond of. They also had that spark, one that I couldn't let go of, just like the novel itself.

    Being an average, typical novel, Chime was one that will be sitting in my bookcase forever, possibly.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!