Fly On The Wall, by E. Lockhart

Monday 6 May 2013


   Title: Fly On The Wall
   Author: E. Lockhart
   Rating: 4/5 stars
   Release Date: March 14, 2006
   Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
   Format: Paperback Edition



   This has been sitting in my bookshelf for a while now, and when I saw that John Green loved this book, I knew that I had to read it, NOW.

  I adored "The Boyfriend List" series by E. Lockhart, so I knew that I would also like this one as well. Who wouldn't? The plot sounds very captivating and girly at the same time.

 Okay, so as much as I love short novels, sometimes I think that they should be a little longer, and in this case, this is the main problem. I liked it a lot, and then, it just ended. Just like that.

  E. Lockhart is a fantastic author, she really is. Her plots are extraordinary, unique and always have a fun twist that makes readers craving for more, just like myself! In this novel, Gretchen's story was very unique. A girl who's an outsider, and then becomes a fly? Haha, you're killing me here. 

  Gretchen was a pretty good heroine. She knew what she wanted, and when she wanted it. Her personality can be found as superior and independant, just like she didn't need Katya, her best friend when she was keeping secrets from her at the same time as she was keeping something from her. Hey, they both had the same problem! I loved the fact that Gretchen was more of a nerd, I mean being obsessed with superheroes, comics and all of that. I once was obsessed with Archie Comics, which might seem hard to believe, but it's true! Comics aren't like novels, lemme tell you.

   Fly On The Wall is a perfect quick teen novel for those who want something good of their day. If John Green enjoyed this, and the legendary Michelle the bookworm, then you will too. :)
  

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!