Saving June, by Hannah Harrington

Saturday 25 May 2013


Title: Saving June
Author: Hannah Harrington
Rating: 3/5 stars
Release Date: November 22, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format: Paperback Edition



    I think that this is one of my first suicidal novels, and I really liked it, that part for instance. 


    Saving June was a sad, (made me miserable) powerful novel that captivates you in the beginning, but then leaves you out after that. It's like one of those irresponsible parents who leave their 3 year old kid outside by themselves, you know what I mean. Anyways...


    I really liked the beginning. Harper's story just made me want to stay in there forever, until about the time that her, Jake, and Laney leave for California. 

    I got bored, then and for the rest of the novel. To me, nothing interesting happened, there was just a lot of mishaps and stupid things done, I mean what the characters did. The details weren't as intriguing, and I felt like it could have been done better.

    Harper wasn't the best heroine, but I liked her unique, happy self at the same time. She made me laugh, and cry and find meaning in life, just kidding, by the way, that's a quote from Eragon, "Books are my friends, my companions. They make me laugh, and cry, and find meaning in life." (Christopher Paolini) 

   Jake wasn't the hot bad boy that I thought that he'd be, he made dumb decisions, and I wouldn't want someone like that. The same with Laney. Grr.. I wish that this could've been better, but it wasn't.

   Although the sucky part, I believe that June's story should be remembered, because it was mysterious and awesome at the same time, if you know what I mean.



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!