The Opposite of Tidy, by Carrie Mac

Saturday 18 May 2013


   Title: The Opposite of Tidy
   Author: Carrie Mac
   Rating: 4/5 stars
   Release Date: April 10, 2012
   Publisher: Razorbill
   Format: Paperback Edition


  Okay. So The Opposite of Tidy isn't how I thought it would be, it was the opposite. (Get it? Get it?)

In a way, this book was gross, just disgusting. This mother may be sick, but who'd really want to read about toilets overflowing and spilling out in the basement? I know I wouldn't, but sadly, I did.

Minus the "grossness," this novel would be pretty good. in my opinion. It could have been better, though. 

The plot was very intriguing, hoping that everything would work out. The show in the novel, I forgot what it was called, reminded me of a mix of The Ellen Show, Dr. Phil and Judge Judy, in a way. A helping out talk show where the main person goes out to seek for those troubled ones, it was kind of funny in a way.

The characters were another thing. Having a funny heroine, adding a gross mother, and a helpful talk show host, gives you The Opposite of Tidy, one hilarious novel.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!