The Spell Book of Listen Taylor, by Jaclyn Moriarty

Saturday 18 May 2013

Title: The Spell Book of Listen Taylor
Author: Jaclyn Moriarty
Rating: 3.5/5 stars
Release Date: September 1, 2007
Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books
Format: Paperback Edition


  I really thought that I wouldn't like this book. I really didn't, but I bought it anyway, despite the bad reviews on this.

   I believed that this was more of an adult book, but not with adult features, just adult problems, like affairs. The four women in this novel, Listen, Cath, Fancy, and Marbie all proved the lively of womanhood, and how great it is to be a female.

   This plot was confusing, at first. I didn't know who was who, and what role they played in this book. But, as I read on and on, I realized the truth, and how bad this book really wasn't. It did become boring at times, but I always found that sense of humor and happiness throughout, even if it wasn't right at my face.

    I liked Fancy the best, after all. Her funny remarks of the irritating things her husband did was hilarious, and the way she thought of things was fun to read about.

    By the end, I found myself not wanting this novel to end. Quirky, beautiful in its own way and reasonable, The Spell Book of Listen Taylor is one to remember. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!