Born at Midnight, by C.C. Hunter

Tuesday 25 June 2013


Title: Born at Midnight
Author: C.C. Hunter
Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Release Date: March 29, 2011
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Format: Paperback Edition
Age Group: 12+



     Look at the stunning cover, it haunts you. A mysterious girl standing in the middle of a tree seperated into two with the purple-gray colours, you know what I mean.

    I remember when Born at Midnight was released, it was all over the internet, featuring as the hottest spookiest teen novel yet. So, this past year, I finally picked it up, since the summary captivated me and because of the high expectations I had. 

    From a four decimal five star rating, you could tell that I really enjoyed this novel. It was unstoppable! Unique setting, powerful storyline and mysteries to be solved, this is like a breath of fresh air for me and for the other bookworms that love the fun of a supernatural novel. When I started it a few days ago late at night, I couldn't put it down. I eventually had to, so I can get up early the next day, but you know what I'm trying to say here. Unstoppable. Really.

    Kylie was a HARDCORE REBEL! I just felt that she was an incredible person, I'd love to meet her if she was real. Trying to get through the hard times in her life may be difficult, but when you have some ups and downs, you definitely have Kylie to turn to. This girl knows what to do when you're down. I wish that she was my best friend, not that I don't love my own bestie, (you know who you are.)
I just felt that Kylie was really outgoing, and bubbly at the same time. She knew what she wanted, unlike other heroines that I've read about.

   Then we have our fellow cabinmates at Shadow Falls, Della, Miranda, Derek (hehe), Lucas, Holiday, Daniel, and whomever else I haven't mentioned. I really loved them all! Della is my favourite of the ladies, she has a fantastic humourous personality, and she is the perfect friend that Kylie needs in what she's going through at the time. Choosing between Derek and Lucas is really difficult, but I think I'm going to go with Derek here. We know more about him, and I just love his protective, sweet personality. He's much better than that brat of an using ex Kylie once had.

    So, Born at Midnight somewhat surprised me, and somewhat increased my expectations even further. I knew that it was going to be great, but probably no further than a four star rating. I mean, those 301 books I gave the 5 star to really had to pass the test, right?

    I cannot wait to read the sequel, and the three novels after that!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!