Crushed, by Sara Shepard

Saturday 22 June 2013

Title: Crushed
Author: Sara Shepard
Rating: 5/5 stars
Release Date: June 4, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Hardcover
Age Group: 12+


     Got a secret, can you keep it, swear this one you'll save. Better lock it in your pocket, taking this one to the grave. 

     Pretty Little Liars has always been a favourite series of mine, since I started reading the series last summer, the summer that it all began. Aria, Emily, Hanna, Spencer, and even Alison all have a special place in my heart, they're probably 5 of my favourite characters. I feel that I'm connected to them somehow, every time I read their point of views, I just want to be in them forever.

    Now, we have the thirteenth novel, Crushed, which truly warmed my heart. I adored this one! Adding to all of that mystery, romance, thrill, and heartbreaks we have experienced in the past twelve novels, I thought that this one was a job well done, and more than that. Yay!
   Taking place after the whole cruise fiasco, this PLL novel is off to a fantastic start. It left us hanging, so it definitely began right where it was supposed to be, but then leaving us with many more mysteries to solve, but when we think we know the answer, right beside the liars, we eventually find out that we were wrong. Sara Shepard always has something else on her mind that we didn't even start to think about.

   Now, I think that Aria really shone in this novel. Her huge secret from Iceland finally unfolds right here in this novel, and we begin to build up an intensity, wanting to find out what happens, and let me tell you, 'A' really has her/his hands on this one, really tight. Spencer, Hanna, and Emily all did brighten my day, but I felt that Aria really deserved the golden award.

   Wait, additionly to the 5 star rating, there is a tiny little thing that bugs me about this series. When is it ever going to end? I must admit, I do think that Sara Shepard may be exaggerating a little with this series, taking it too far, more mysteries opening. Please finish it soon, give us an answer, continue with the marvelous show, continue with The Lying Game, and create a new series, perhaps for Ravenswood?


  Mysteries unfolding, instincts crawling, we all have to get our hands on this latest PLL novel, December is too long to wait to find out what happens next!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!