Passion by Lauren Kate

Wednesday 26 June 2013


Title: Passion
Author: Lauren Kate
Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Release Date: June 14, 2011
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Format: Paperback Edition
Age Group: 12+

Everyone's been raving about the Fallen series, and so have I. Lauren Kate presents us a world that has never been created, or that is similar to another. Passion was probably the best one yet, right after Fallen itself. I never wanted to leave this world of true passion, and faults between the characters.

Reading this novel made me feel that I was munching on a triple-scoop ice cream cone, with three of my favourite flavours, vanilla, orange cream, and strawberry. I enjoyed it so much! Every moment was one to cherish, even though I actually wasn't living the novel, which I wish I could... This book was true passion, it's hard to explain how perfect it almost was, but let me try my best. It was a while since I read Torment, so when I began this, it was hard to remember who was who. Lauren Kate did a fantastic job by giving us some insight on what happened the novel before. I was hooked to this from the prologue, where Sophia, and Lucinda were at the horse-racing derby in Kentucky. I loved how Luce and Daniel time-travelled through the centuries where they were together, I loved to see how an author believed the world was years ago. Meeting the other "Luces" and "Daniels" kinda gave us something to compare, how they loved each other in the past, and how in the present.

Luce has always been one of my favourite female leads, she's brave, outgoing, and willing. In Passion, she really showed that she is the one to be remembered. Hiding from everyone, Luce wanted to see the lives she had before her present one, I think that she did a marvelous job finding who she is in this novel, meeting the other Lucindas and Daniels, and finding her way through the curse that started it all.

Now, my Daniel, the boy whose heart belongs to me, and to Luce of course. I couldn't believe that he would go through all that he went through in this novel. He's made a big confidence improvement in this book, remember how moody he was in the first novel?

There was something missing in this book of course, it's a 4.5 star rating. But, that didn't ruin anything at all. I love this series so much, and I can't wait to read the next novel, and the extra, Fallen in Love. This series really warms my heart, I have no words to say.

The ending just left us off, there! Ugh, I want to know what happens next! Hint, something HUGE involving the curse came to be, lets hope that Daniel and Luce will fight the negativity, and bring out the good. I want the ending of the series to be fantastic! I heard some people say that it was sad, please, please, please be the way I want it to end!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!