Posession, by Elana Johnson

Saturday 8 June 2013

Title: Posession
Author: Elana Johnson
Rating: 5/5 star rating
Release Date: June 11, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Format: Hardcover Edition
Age Group (new section I'm adding): YA (I'd say 12+)


    I'm going to be serious here.







   Posession has been sitting in my bookshelf for over a year, and this is the time when I finally pick it up? I should have done ages ago, because it was astonishing, and broke my heart. 

   
   You see, I tried to read it once, but that was the time when the TV was on, and I couldn't concentrate correctly. I thought that it wouldn't be good, and hard to get into! But yesterday, when I flopped onto the couch, with my box of tissues (not for the crying, I have a cold) and the book, from the first page I became entirely captivated. 

     Oh my gosh, this plot was something superly attractive, for a book. ugh, I have no words, because it was just that good. I finished the 400 and something pages in one sitting, never being able to put it down, and having myself create goals for myself on what page can I go up to, and furthermore.

    I fell in love with these characters, I'm serious and happy to be.  Having Violet tell the story from her eyes was just fantastic. She is what I call a rebel heroine, one that I will remember forever, because there's no one like her, I guess she kind of compares to Tris in Divergent, but that's about it. Then we have the boys, asdfghikl! 




WHY ISN'T JAG AND ZENN REAL?!?!? WHY???!!!!


   Okay, I think I let most of my, I said most, of my anger out! Seriously, Elana Johnson you create heartthrobs that we all want real. Anywho, I'm Team Jag. That's final. I liked Zenn in the beginning, but once Vi got arrested and met Jag, I realized that I lost my emotional feelings for him, and we had to break up! :) I finally realized that Jag is the one for me, and for Violet of course, but then, the big BOOM happened, and we all ended up disappointed, but hey, at least it's a trilogy, the story doesn't end there! Pssttt.. I was super lucky to get Surrender and Abandon yesterday! 


     Posession truly changed my life. It kind of reminded me of Uglies, by Scott Westerfield, in one way or another. The use of the technology is similar, and the rebel characters as well. Ahh... there are so many amazing books in this world....



Michelle
    





     

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!