Shade, by Jeri Smith-Ready

Monday 24 June 2013


Title: Shade 
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Rating: 4/5 stars
Release Date: May 4, 2010
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Format: Paperback Edition
Age Group: 12+



        Hmm... where do I begin? Oh yes, there. Shade is one novel that I've been looking forward to be reading for a long time. The summary captivates most readers, and you probably expect it to be a haunting novel that will thrill your insides out. I do agree with that, now that I've read it.

        Shade was one of those novels whose storyline I really kept safe in my mind. To me, it was beautiful, hauntingly, just like P.C. Cast says. Having to deal with the fact that it did take place with some rock n' roll bands, Logan's specifically, I really liked the fact that he was the hardcore type. But, before I get to the characters, let me focus on this for now. Although it was beautifully created, the plot did become a little too over exaggerated at times, some repeats overflowed once in awhile, and that probably brought the five star rating down. If it was a little more well-kept and stronger, we could've seen a perfect novel right before our very own eyes, my darlings.

        Now, the characters. Aura was a good heroine, but not the best, she did have her ups and downs. I think that she would have been brighter, and better if her personality didn't seem too depressing or over-reactive at times. I understand, your boyfriend had just passed away, but come on, try to make readers a little more interested in your situation? 

       Then we have the others, as I call it, Logan, his family, and Aura's bestie, what was her name? Hahah, you see, the characters probably have been so dull I have forgotten her name. These guys may have not made the right decisions most of the the time, but they all were fun to read about and I guess really opened my mind to new wonders and questions about humanity. 

       So, overall, Shade is what I call a particularly average novel. I mean it's better than a three-star rating obviously, but it had the average characters and details. The plot was very interesting to read about because of its differences from others. This is what I call a nice read.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!