Tempest, by Julie Cross

Friday 28 June 2013


Title: Tempest
Author: Julie Cross
Rating: 3/5 stars
Release Date: January 17, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Format: Hardcover Edition
Age Group: 13+


    I felt that I was in the mood for a time-traveling novel, so here I am...

    Julie Cross' Tempest was something that I'd call an average novel. It had its ups and downs, but it was good enough to make it through the end. I wish that all novels were 5 stars, but then my job would be boring, I'd know that every novel would be amazing, and perfect. Anyways...

   This plot was unique, that's probably the #1 thing that I loved about the novel. You really don't find many time-traveling novels in this world, we have Steven Moffat's Doctor Who, but that's a mix between supernatural/mystery, and it's a British TV show. 

   I did get bored a few times, especially through the times when Jackson tried to get back to 2009, and whenever he'd ask what year it was, he acted kind of stupid, but I'm talking about the plot here. I wasn't too sure about this novel, but it did have a 3.74 rating, which is pretty good, so I decided to give it a try.

  I was super excited to read this, mainly because the lead was a male. I think that in this generation, we have too many females taking the lead, which is great, but we need some men taking the lead once in a while. I may say that Jackson wasn't the best male lead, he was too sensitive and wimpy at times, no offense to the author. 

   Jackson's and Holly's romance was one thing to keepsake. You could tell how much Jackson cared for Holly, he never wanted to let her go, even at the roughest times. Doing what he did wasn't the best decision, but you can't redo what happened in the novel, unless you're the author that could time-travel. I think that Jackson got enough time-traveling for one novel. But, there is a second book, right? Sadly, I'm not planning to read it, though.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!