The Near Witch, by Victoria Schwab

Monday 24 June 2013


Title: The Near Witch
Author: Victoria Schwab
Rating: 2.5/5 stars
Release Date: August 2, 2011
Publisher: Hyperion Books CH
Format: Paperback Edition
Age Group: 11+



     Expectations, expectations, expectations. We most of the time always expect a book who's positive reviews we read about to be fantastic. Like they say, we should never trust no one, and that also goes for picking books. 


    The Near Witch was one of those novels' whose reviews I trusted, so I went with what the public said. On Goodreads specifically, this has an average 3.83 rating, which is pretty good if you look at others, it's almost a four. So, I went with what the public predicted, and I bought the novel.


    Haha, so here I am, done with it since yesterday, and I regret, or doubt that I bought it. Really? It just happened like that? This plot was very interesting in the beginning. The moor seemed very real, and the characters just flew to me. Once something may be good in the beginning doesn't mean that it will stay great for the rest of the novel. I found that this became super-boring, but I still didn't put it down for some reason. I guess it's just one of those novels, if you know what I mean.


    Lexi really seemed to me as one of those caring, but overprotective heroines, especially for her sister. When her uncle came over, she felt very uncomfortable in even speaking to him. I guess it's probably because of what happened to her father earlier, but that's another story to tell another time. Tyler, Cole, Edgar, and everyone who did make an impact on this novel to me were dull, they really didn't make a difference if they were there or not. I really thought that this story mainly focused on the whole Near Witch myth, nothing on the lifestyles and mysteries of the lives of these characters, they were just there because they were there. Hahah. 

    
       So why is this almost a three? Because I liked the myth and the beginning was good. That's all for now.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!