What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know, by Sonya Sones

Saturday 8 June 2013

Title: What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know
Author: Sonya Sones
Rating: 5/5 stars
Release Date: May 7, 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Format: Paperback Edition
Age Group: 12+


       First things first. I really didn't think that I'd like the way this was written. Poetry, not my thing. But, I found myself being more captivated because of the style of the writing. It was so interesting, looking at the words used, and counting the syllables and details...

    What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know's cover was the first thing that caught my eye. It looks beautiful! The spring, laying in the grass, romantic picnics, ahh, that's my type of story. Then I decided to read the summary, which sounded cute, and fun. 

    Well, here I am, naming this one of my favourites of this year, because it definitely deserves that award. 

     This novel was hilarious. Okay, maybe I didn't laugh out loud too much, but I loved how fun and cute it was! Everything was fast-paced, especially using the poetry, and I want more. 

     I was super happy that this book's perspective was a male's. You really don't see that these days, the only one I remember was Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Jacob, who also was great. Robin was one of those characters who made my heart ache for them. I couldn't believe that he was a freshman this whole entire time! I think that he definitely grew up from where he started off. He was insecure, but turned into a confident, independent man.

     Now we have Sophie. I really liked Sophie in the beginning. She seemed as a perfect match for Robin, like soulmates. But, I thought, and still think that she didn't know what she wanted, and that she was still too young. SPOILER: I wish that Robin would've ended up with Tessa, they were also a perfect match!

     This book is a guilty pleasure, but wait, I so don't feel guilty for reading it. 




  Okay, maybe I feel guilty for not reading it sooner, but anyway, 


GO PICK UP THIS EXTRAORDINARY NOVEL, it will change your thoughts on true love.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!