All These Things I've Done, by Gabrielle Zevin

Monday 15 July 2013
Title: All These Things I've Done

Author: Gabrielle Zevin

Rating: 5/5 stars

Release Date: September 6, 2011

Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux

Format: Hardcover Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.74

Age Group: 12+





      I had low expectations for this novel, but it ended up being much better than what I thought it would be. In fact, it was amazing!


     “Stop saying that! You sound absurd, and I don't even think you mean it. Besides, I'd never marry you," I told him. "I'm sixteen, and you're a slut, and you can't stop saying preposterous things!"
"True," he admitted. He kissed me on the lips and then I closed the door.”


     You see what I mean? This book was hilarious, in its own way, it had its own "thing" that will cause readers to fall in love with the realistic characters.

    Anya Balanchine is a sixteen-year old, living in the year of 2083, in upstate New York City, where she is known as the city's most notorious crime boss of the Balanchine Chocolate, who is dead. When her ex-boyfriend is poisoned by the chocolate, everyone seems to blame her. Anya is then faced by her absurd family, the reporters, and the people in her school.

    I was obsessed with this novel. The author's voice is so incredible, you can't seem to leave the world. 

   I especially enjoyed how the narrator (Anya) would say the events in present-time, this especially caused us to feel what she's feeling, and to imagine the world of this novel coming to life.

   When I found out that this took place in the near future, (2083) I found myself thinking to be the same age as Anya's grandmother, Galina. The way she said OMG and nobody knew what it meant, it was hilarious and incredible to see how the author imagines this world, and how ours might change unbelievably. 

   Anya is a true rebellion heroine. She was strong, slick, and super-intelligent, I wish that I knew her personally. She came to her senses when it was time, and knew right from wrong. All she cares is about saving her family, she's like the role model that many people should take after in this world we have today.

  Then we Leo, Natty, Scarlet, and of course, Galina. These guys really made an impact on this novel, they were who Anya had to save, who was worth living for. 

   Last but not least, Win. We obviously knew that with his flirty personality, he would definitely end up with Anya, eventually. I loved him! He was always there for his gal, holding her hair when she was sick, or taking her to the prom. 

  I loved this book so much, and I can't wait for the sequel. Powerfully gorgeous.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!