Awake at Dawn, by C.C. Hunter

Thursday 4 July 2013


Title: Awake at Dawn
Author: C.C. Hunter
Rating: 4/5 stars
Release Date: October 11, 2011
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Format: Paperback Edition
Goodreads Average Rating: 4.32
Age Group: 12+
Would I Recommend: Yep, for lovers of the first novel!


    
   Born at Midnight was a supernatural novel that's other novels were bound to be in my collection. With no doubt, I wanted to read the second. Every character, and scene that happened just made me all jittery inside. Now, I was lucky enough to get more of that fantastic-ness.

   “When one door closes, find another."
 Kylie gazed back up. "And what if there isn't another door?"
"Then you try the window."
"And if there's not a window?" Kylie asked.
"Then you find a sledgehammer and make a window.”

  
     When this began, I was pretty sure that it'd continue with Kylie finding her true self, what supernatural creature she might be. I had many ideas in my head, maybe she's a siren, I don't know. Obviously, this novel had me guessing.

      The plot began a little slow, I wish that more happened, that's probably why 1 star is gone! But, as we can all see, the average rating is a 4.32, that's super high, higher than what I've ever seen, so we got to give a little credit to the public here. I agree with them, 99%.

     Kylie has definitely matured and found herself from the first book. She has kind of learned what life may bring, and that everything happens for a reason. I found myself understanding why she never forgave Lucas, at least in the beginning, he really hurt her, leaving her, and how she thought that he loved the she-wolf, what's her name. So, I'm definitely with Derek on this one. Slowly, slowly, she's starting to decide between the whole love-triangle thing.

    Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It made me laugh, cry, and smile all of the time. I never wanted it to end.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!