Dreamland, by Sarah Dessen

Friday 5 July 2013

Title: Dreamland
Author: Sarah Dessen
Rating: 3.5/5 stars
Release Date: May 11, 2004
Publisher: Speak
Format: Paperback Edition
Goodreads Average Rating: 3.88
Age Group: 12-13+
Would I Recommend: Maybe, for those who want to read something relatable.



   Surprisingly, Dreamland was the worst Sarah Dessen novel that I've read so far.

  Here, we have Caitlin who really has enough going on in her life, especially since her sister's gone missing. She tries to find her in the world they've created, Dreamland, but that's all that holds the truth. When Caitlin meets Rogerson, her whole life changes. He might be a risk, but he's the only key that helps her dreamland become real. When something uncomfortable happens, Caitlin must choose between dreamland and what's right.

   Wow, I had huge expectations for this. I'll admit, I really was captivated for the first 50 pages or so, but after, BOOM. That's it. Although I finished this in a day, I felt like I was reading it for a century. Tossing and turning the pages around, I never realized the point here.

  Although the plot wasn't the best, I really liked the characters. Caitlin, although she was depressed and going through a hard time, she really was a fantastic lead, she taught us that we have to stay strong and find our own dreamland, but we have to make sure it's a good one.

  I can't even speak about Rogerson, if you read this novel, then you'll understand.

  Overall, it really could've done better.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!