Give Up The Ghost, by Megan Crewe

Saturday 27 July 2013

Title: Give Up The Ghost

Author: Megan Crewe

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Release Date: September 15, 2009

Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.

Format: Hardcover Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.54

Age Group: 11+





   I'm glad that I read The Way We Fall before this one, I think I'd have a different opinion on reading her other novels if this one came first.

   I liked Give Up The Ghost, I can't deny that. It was different, I never read anything quite like it, but I can't say that I loved it.

  Cass McKenna has no friends, nobody except the ghosts, who have the dirt on everyone in school. Cass rather hear the inside scoop on all of the drama rather than living it or being part of it. When the vice president of the student council finds out her secret, Cass doesn't know what to do, other than helping Tim speak to his mother. When Cass finds a new human friend, she might find out that they have more than a friendship together...

  So yes, I might've preferred to have read something different, but overall, this was worth the read. It was interesting, and mostly met my expectations.

  Cass was an okay lead, she wasn't the best because of her laziness and confidence, but she was likeable, and that's really what matters in having a good MC.

   A good read and debut, one to keep.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!