Glow, by Amy Kathleen Ryan

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Title: Glow

Author: Amy Kathleen Ryan

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Release Date: September 13, 2011

Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin

Format: Hardcover Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.57

Age Group: 12+






     From this whole summer, this is one of the most unique and interesting novels that I've read. Glow has a concept and idea that I've never read about.

     “There is a design working behind the curtain of the stars, and we are fulfilling it, drawn toward the future on the tide of time, toward our destiny as the first settlers of a new world."
The room was still. He has them, she thought.”

      Waverly was one of the first who were ever conceived in deep space, as well as her boyfriend, Kieran. Both are happily living on the Empyrean, a ship bringing hundreds to the New Earth, where everything will be safe and good for the human beings. When they find out secretive things about their enemy ship, the New Horizon, they ought to seek for more information, but even worse, an attack is preformed on their ship, and all of the young girls are "rescued" by the attackers, and taken to the New Horizon. Waverly and Kieran are instantly separated, and both are wondering if they'll ever make it out alive.

     As you can see, I enjoyed reading this novel so much. It's my first time reading about the future in space, and I loved it. 

     In the beginning, this book was really hard to pick up. The whole idea was new to me, and I really didn't know what to expect. I'd say that this was a sci-fi dystopia romance, something that I'm always looking forward in reading a book. 

    After the incident happened, I began becoming more and more interested, until the point where I couldn't put this down. The author creates such a huge impact on us readers, and we'd never want to let Glow go.

   The author has created a great female lead, Waverly. This girl knew what she was in for, and very brave, in my opinion. Waverly showed that girls could change the world, and the way we humans think, naturally. 

    The males in this novel weren't all amusing. I found both Kieran and Seth both cruel and selfish. Waverly should've accepted the proposal in the beginning of the novel, everything would've changed between the relationships between the two. I felt that there really wasn't a love triangle here, Seth and Waverly technically just met, they really didn't have much contact in this novel, hopefully something will start to pick up, and I will realize that Seth is a heartthrob after all.

    Glow was a fantastic novel, and I can't wait for more. A perfect dystopian, sci-fi read for all of the teens out there.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!