I'm Not Her, by Janet Gurtler

Saturday 27 July 2013

Title: I'm Not Her

Author: Janet Gurtler

Rating: 5/5 stars

Release Date: May 1, 2011

Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.92

Age Group: 12+





  I knew that I was in for a good sad read, but I didn't think that it would affect me this much!

  I'm Not Her was unbelievably unstoppably amazingly, you think I'm done here? good. I couldn't believe how many good books there are in this world, it's unbelievable.

  Tess is known as the smart one, while Kristina is the sporty one. When Kristina is diagnosed with bone cancer, Tess' life flashes toward her eyes, and she can't believe what's happening. Wanting to keep it a secret, Kristina thinks that it's worth to hide away, when her family knows that sharing it is the right thing to do. Suddenly, Tess is the popular one, and is taking after Kristina's old life, she's making new friends and memories to keepsake in her heart forever.

   I love cancer stories, they just break your heart, but in a good way. This story reminded me of John Green's The Fault in Our Stars in a way, both stories shared a friendship and bond between the characters that I just can't explain.

   Once I started reading this phenomenal novel, I couldn't leave it behind. Janet Gurtler truly showed us the true meaning of friendship and sisterhood in this beautiful story.

    Tess and Kristina both were beautiful characters whose stories I will remember forever, just because of how gorgeous characters they were and how I wish to know them.

    Janet Gurtler is the author whose name is to be remembered, I can't wait to read her others.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!