Reality Check, by Jen Calonita

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Title: Reality Check

Author: Jen Calonita

Rating: 4/5 stars

Release Date: June 14, 2010

Publisher: Poppy

Format: Hardcover Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.63

Age Group: 11+





    I've always loved Jen Calonita's novels, they always were fabulous, and made my day. I guess that this one could also be added to the list.

    Charlie, Hallie, Keiran, and Brooke are four best friends who live in an unknown small town in Long Island. When Charlie is suddenly offered a spot in her own reality TV show, with her three besties also starring, she is glad to take the offer. All she doesn't know is that friends shouldn't let friends do reality shows, because they could sure ruin friendships, some for forever...

   I left you hanging there, didn't I?

   I really liked this book. It seems that the author has a lot of experience with celebrities and reality TV, some of the things mentioned were surprising to me, I didn't even know them!

  The writing was settled down great, everything that happened was supposed to happen, and the author added just enough of details to catch the readers attention. To tell you the truth, at some moments I got bored, but the story was really interesting, and caught my attention, that's for sure. I'm glad I picked this one up.

   I felt that Charlie was a strong lead. She wasn't shy, she had confidence, and just enough of that girl-power in her. Hallie and Keiran were also great, (I loved the ending!) but that brat, Brooke, just went above and beyond, in a bad way. I couldn't stand her! I knew that the author probably was trying to make her sound selfish and snobby, but for me, she just went over the line! I'm glad to see the story ended the way it was supposed to, at least in my opinion.

  This was a strong, fun summer read for all of those who get bored easily.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!