The Summer of Firsts and Lasts, by Terra Elan McVoy

Tuesday 9 July 2013


Title: The Summer of Firsts and Lasts
Author: Terra Elan McVoy
Rating: 1.5/5 stars
Release Date: May 3, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Format: Hardcover Edition
Goodreads Average Rating: 3.40
Age Group: 13+


    I had high expectations for this novel, it got recommended to me and I thought that it'd be the perfect summer novel. Well, I was wrong.

    The Summer of Firsts and Lasts wasn't the novel for me. 

    First of all, I disliked the events. Nothing really "big" happened, did I mention that I didn't finish the novel at all? I read until about half of it, and then I threw it down, it made me so upset.

   When you thought that something big would happen, it never did. The author kept us guessing, but in a bad way. I was waiting for the calm after the storm, but it ended up being gloomy the whole way through. 

   Then we had the characters. They actually weren't so bad, I really liked Violet and Daisy, Violet reminded me of myself, the writer. Calla was the one who really didn't make a difference in this novel, I felt that she did nothing, and she was a brown-noser, if you know what I mean.

   The setting was good, you really don't see many teen novels that are set in a camp, right next to C.C. Hunter's Born at Midnight.

    Overall, I was really bored with this novel, and it really disappointed me. Please, trust me on this one.



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!