North of Beautiful, by Justina Chen

Saturday 31 August 2013

Title: North of Beautiful

Author: Justina Chen

Rating: 3/5 stars

Release Date: February 1, 2009

Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.91

Age Rating: 12+




    From the back, Terra Cooper looks the perfect girl, the one with the blond hair, blue eyes, and tiny body. But from the front, all is but perfect. Terra plans to escape from her trashy father and to go to college somewhere far away from her home. But when she meets Jacob, everything changes.

     I saw this book all over, many people have described it as the perfect tragic chick-lit novel. I guess I'd say that it is too, but it's not so perfect either.

    I'll tell you the truth- I wasn't pleased with this. It could've been much better, but it wasn't. The story wasn't well developed. Some things didn't make sense and seemed very dull. If the author added a boost to it, we could've seen something good here.

    Terra obviously wasn't confident and independent, because if she was, she'd learn how to deal with her stupid father and would do what she wants for her own good. But, even by the end, I still think that she didn't make the right choice. I think that you can never let someone you love change your whole life for you just because they want it that way. They have to respect your choices and opinions and once in a while let you do what you want for a change.

     What we have here is a novel that can't change itself, we have to.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!