Surrender, by Elana Johnson

Thursday 1 August 2013

Title: Surrender

Author: Elana Johnson

Rating: 4/5 stars

Release Date: May 7, 2013

Publisher: Simon Pulse

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 4.01

Age Group: 11+






   After reading Possession, I couldn't wait to read its sequel. Now, I finally did, and I think that I am pleased with the outcome.

   Raine Hightower follows the rules in Freedom, and is everything a good girl could ask for. She also has a power that no one knows about, not even her roommate Vi. When Raine falls for Gunner, everything changes. She knows that she has to keep away from him, but it's difficult, especially when she finds some secretive things from him that could change her life forever. Raine also has to report Vi's actions to her father, creating a bond between the city that nobody has ever known before.

 

    
   Surrender wasn't as good as the first novel was, that's probably the main point here. I wasn't as pleased, probably because of the new characters that were introduced, I'd stick with the old group; Violet, Jag, and Zenn.

   Don't get me wrong, Raine and Gunner were great new additions, but they weren't my all-time favourites. Though Elana Johnson did do a terrific job making them come to life.

  
   
   The story did get a little uninteresting at times, but most of the time I enjoyed its unique, rebel story, and I know that many readers will enjoy it as much as I did, or even more.

   Raine was a powerful new character, she was a true rebel and intelligent, two traits that I love to see in a honorable character. Her relationship with Gunner was sweet, and mysterious all at the same time. I do hope that they will be mentioned in the final novel.

  Overall, I was very pleased with this sequel. I hope that the final novel will be better than ever.


   

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!