Swoon at Your Own Risk, by Sydney Salter

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Title: Swoon at Your Own Risk

Author: Sydney Salter

Rating: 2.5/5 stars

Release Date: April 5, 2010

Publisher: HMH Books For Young Readers

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.56

Age Group: 12+





   When you look at the cover of this novel, you'd think that it would end up being that perfect summer read. I'm sorry, but to me, it really wasn't.

   Polly Martin's grandmother is known at the advice columnist, Miss Swoon, and is also known to give out the right advice at the right time. She has recently broken up with her boyfriend, and is now seeking for the right one, and then meets Xander Cooper, who lives close by, and is a hot skateboarder. Polly realizes that she's starting to need some major advice, and what's better than asking Miss Swoon herself, right when she lives in your house?

  I'm not going to say much here, just warning you.

  I found that this novel ended up being a slow-paced, uninteresting at times story. I've never actually ever read a newspaper before where there are advice columnists, do these things actually exist anymore? :)

  Polly, Polly, Polly. *sigh*

“Everyone smiles with that invisible gun to their head.” 
-Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club 

  Hahah, Polly, did you hear that? *smiles like a creep*

  I think you get what I mean, I guess I don't have to complain, eh? 

 

  *snickers*

  
  The only good thing about this novel ended up being the "cute" romance between Polly and Xander, and of course, Miss Swoon's advice.

  

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!