The Academy: Game On, by Monica Seles

Thursday 29 August 2013

Title: The Academy: Game On

Author: Monica Seles

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Release Date: June 4, 2013

Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.51

Age Group: 12+



   Seeing this gorgeous novel on Netgalley really made me want to go out and find the novel itself, if you've read any of my other reviews before you'd notice that I prefer having the actual book in my hands instead of a ebook.

    The Academy: Game On was the perfect summer read, and I can't wait for the next one to begin.

     Here we have local tennis star Maya, who's been dreaming to receive a scholarship to The Academy, a boarding school for teens who are just "that good" at sports. When she finally gets in, Maya doesn't know that her life is about to get feisty, and so is she. She meets Cleo, her punk roommate, Renee, a swimmer who doesn't know what her roommate is in for, Nicole, Renee's stunning roommate lurking for any competition against her, and that's Maya, and finally Travis and Jake, two hot brothers, one good and one bad, both sons of The Academy's owner. Maya certainly doesn't know what she's in for, things are about to get nasty.

     I've realized from the beginning that we have an unique novel here. Monica Seles must've used her experiences in this novel, because this is a world that I've never read about before, not even similarly.

    For most of it, I was thoroughly interested, so much drama and characters that made my day. Monica Seles has created a novel that many teenage girls will love forever.

   Maya was a good character. She had her perks, and overall was the type of person that I'm very much like. Being in her world was like walking through a bookstore. Seriously.

   
   






   

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!