The Perks of Being A Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Title: The Perks of Being A Wallflower

Author: Stephen Chbosky

Rating: 5/5 stars (no doubt about it)

Release Date: August 14, 2012 (MY BIRTHDAY!)

Publisher: MTV Books

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 4.17

Age Group: 13+




Dear Friend,

   I've been wanting to read this novel since the movie came out. I saw the trailer, and it looked super interesting, especially since hottie Logan Lerman and beautiful Emma Watson starred in it. When I read the summary, I was even more convinced, the book seemed perfect, and it really was.

  Charlie is introduced into the world of high school, where anything could happen. Sadly, he's a geek, shy, but intelligent at the same time. When he meets siblings Patrick and Sam, he is introduced into the world of partying, drugs, and the Rocky Horror Show. New friends, new beginnings, new journeys, Charlie is becoming who he wants to be, and will learn what growing up truly means.

   The world has gone wild for this novel, and I'm one of those millions who are also "fangirling."

    I couldn't put this one down. Seriously. Charlie was a character who I think have developed a crush on, even though he isn't real. He's one of my favourite characters, like ever, and I know that he will be for you, too.

   Another thing is, I can't believe that this novel was written in 1999! I wasn't even born yet, and look what it has become to this day. A movie, a fandom, the world is changing every minute, and we have to be inspired by the works done by these fantastic authors!

  Gosh, I loved how the story was broken into, well in my head. First we had the beginning, where Charlie was like a little baby, insecure and new, a wallflower, basically. Then came the middle, where he began to come to his senses, and everything started piling on top of him. Whereas the end, it just stopped, completely. It ended happily, and we then come to realize that we're all wallflowers in one way or another.

   I can totally relate to this book. I am very much like Charlie. A wallflower, perhaps. I'm not the popular one in school, I don't show off or brag, I'm happy with what I have, and want to enjoy life as much as I can.

  Charlie is an intelligent character, who loves to read, just like myself, and tell you what, books are one of my only friends. They're always there for me, waiting in the bookshelf, until I pick them up, and give them my gratitude. And guess what? I wouldn't wish for a better life, because I have the perfect one right in my hands, just like Charlie did.


Love Always,

Michelle
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!