The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers, by Lynn Weingarten

Saturday 31 August 2013

Title: The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers

Author: Lynn Weingarten

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Release Date: December 27, 2011

Publisher: HarperTeen

Format: Hardcover Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.25

Age Group: 12+




     I thought that this novel would be much more of a romance, girly novel, who'd think that this was more of a darker, paranormal/supernatural novel?

     Lucy's first day of her sophomore year couldn't get any worse; her boyfriend broke up with her, right when she wrote a very special message to him on her tummy. When three mysterious but gorgeous girls convince her to become one of them- with powers and abilities to attract boys and to break their hearts, Lucy knows that she can't resist that..

     I expected much better, I can definitely say that. I picked this up because I thought that I'd have a cute girly novel, but I ended up having a dark and at times uninteresting novel with me having few words to bear.

     Lucy and the three girls, what were their names? Olivia, Liza, and Gil? were very weak. I felt that they weren't developed well, and that some people can't be that boring. I mean- they're very cheesy and un-warming characters, or leads, or whatever you call them- your opinion.

     Overall, I was disappointed but glad at the same time. I had an average novel in front of me the whole time.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!