Waiting, by Carol Lynch Williams

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Title: Waiting

Author: Carol Lynch Williams

Rating: 4/5 stars

Release Date: May 1, 2012

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.85

Age Group: 12+ (suicide)






   Some of us really enjoy reading those tragic novels that may or may not change our lives forever... I am one of those people, and if you agree with me, then Waiting certainly is your type of novel.

  London and Zach were the closest siblings that you'd meet, but when Zach commits suicide, everything is torn apart, and London doesn't know what to do with herself. Adding to that, her mother won't speak to her, and her father is distant. The only people she has is Zach's best friend, and the new boy in town, and she has to make that decision on who really is waiting for her.

  You really don't find these kinds of novels in that world that much, and that's a good thing, because then, many of us would be hearing the same thing over. This novel is one of the hardest to explain, because its concept and meaning is above and beyond.

  I recommend this for people who have a sibling (s), mainly because you'll find how important they are to you. Afterwards, I couldn't stop thinking about how much I, myself, love my sister.

  The story was slow-paced, but I think that it had to be, because of all the details and memories that had to be included in London's story. It truly was beautiful.

  London wasn't the best narrator, but she was confident, in one way or another, and from my viewpoint, is the thing that we need to see from our storytellers.

  Carol Lynch Williams has created a gorgeous story, and I'm definitely going to seek for more from her.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!