Eleanor & Park, by Rainbow Rowell

Monday 23 September 2013

Title: Eleanor & Park

Author: Rainbow Rowell

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Release Date: February 26, 2013

Publisher: St. Martin's Press

Format: ebook

Goodreads Average Rating: 4.22

Age Group: 12+






   I've heard so many good things about this novel, and I just got Fangirl, so I decided that I should start with this one first. Rainbow Rowell is fantastic.

   In this beautiful book, we have Eleanor and Park. Eleanor is new, and right on the first day of school, she gets picked on, but meets Park. Park lends Eleanor a few of his comic books, and their relationship builds until the point where they can't get enough of each other, until the point where Eleanor can't take it and has to leave...

   I'd describe this book as a cute, indie book for teens. I mean, it was very... artsy. Everything that happened, it was close to perfection, and I imagined the story happened in an art form, just like on the cover. The author definitely creates a different world for this novel than any other, that's for sure.

   I loved Eleanor from the start. She's a very calm, quiet girl, and I felt so bad for her. Richie, I wanna smash you up into pieces, ohhh yeah.

   Park really was a different story. I wasn't so sure about him in the beginning, he seemed very dull, but when Eleanor and him clicked, everything in my mind changed, and I grew to love them both together.

   I was practically crying in the end, it was so breathtaking and unexpected! It leaves us off at a cliffhanger, and I really didn't want it to end. But in either ways, they both got their fairytale endings.

 “Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!