The Moon and More, by Sarah Dessen

Monday 2 September 2013

Title: The Moon and More

Author: Sarah Dessen

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Release Date: June 4, 2013

Publisher: Viking Juvenile

Format: ebook

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.65

Age Group: 12+






    What happened here?


    Emaline and Luke are together, probably forever. All through high school, they have been inseparable, until Emaline meets Theo, an outsider from New York. Who will she choose, her soul mate, or the wild one?

   I expected much better. Everyone called it the summer book of 2013, and I went with it. I couldn't wait to read this one, and I probably would've read it first, before the older Sarah Dessen novels.

   Something went wrong, and that something is the story. If you read Sarah Dessen's other novels, you'd realize that all of her stories are about a girl with a very unique name, who is going through a tragic time in her life, but when she meets some guy, also with an unique name, he will help her go through the hard times, and bring her into the good. Maybe I'm just sick and tired of the same story over again, or something got to me.

    Emaline was okayyy. She was very independent, you could say that. Her family is very messed up, and she had to learn how to deal with the problems by herself. I guess that Theo helped her realize that all you need is love. Cheesy, right?

   

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!