The Year My Sister Got Lucky, by Aimee Friedman

Sunday 1 September 2013

Title: The Year My Sister Got Lucky

Author: Aimee Friedman

Rating: 4/5 stars

Release Date: June 1, 2009

Publisher: Point

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.70

Age Rating: 13+




    Katie and Michaela are two sisters who tell each other everything. They share their love of ballet, and being New York City girls, right until their parents decide to move to Fir Lake, in the middle of nowhere. Both girls are disappointed, but when Michaela fits in right away and starts to keep some secrets from her sister, Katie is on the hunt to find why her sister got lucky..

    This gorgeous novel has been sitting in my bookshelf for a very long time, until now. I'm glad that I chose this time to read it, it was the perfect road trip read, and I know that many other people will enjoy it. It's unique and fun all at the same time.

      Katie was the main hero of this book. She was so confident and a precious person. You could tell how much she loves her family, and how much she needs them.

      As well as Michaela, I didn't feel the heroic trait of her as much as I did with Katie. I mean, she was the problem of the story. She caused the whole fiasco here. I liked her in the beginning, but she ended up as a stuck up queen bee. :)

      Fantastic, I want more!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!