What We Lost, by Sara Zarr

Monday 30 September 2013
Title: What We Lost

Author: Sara Zarr

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Release Date: April 2, 2013

Publisher: Little Brown Books

Format: Paperback Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 3.68

Age Group: 12+




    I really enjoyed this book. I guess you could say that it's different from the rest, lately I've been reading chick-lit, where there's a lot of romance and drama going on. Here we have a whole different story, more contemporary than the rest.

   Here we have Sammy, aka Samara, who lives in a small town that nobody's ever heard of. She's the pastor's daughter, and does everything that she's supposed to do, but when a young girl in her town goes missing, she is on the run to find out the kidnapper. Everyone is a suspect, including Jody's brother, Nick.

   So, we have a good plot here. Some parts became a little dull on the side, but overall it was likeable and average. It could've been better, though.

   I liked Samara. She was very confident, and knew what she was capable of doing. She wouldn't give up on things, and was a very straight-forward person.

   This is a book for those who need something a little more on the dark side, but not too dark.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!