Wintergirls, by Laurie Halse Anderson

Sunday 29 September 2013


Title: Wintergirls
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
Rating: 4/5 stars
Release Date: March 19, 2009
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Format: Paperback Edition
Goodreads Average Rating: 3.97
Age Group: 13+






To read this book, you have to be strong. That's all I'm saying. It's a very difficult book to read, trust me.

Again, Laurie Halse Anderson has created perfection, right in this novel.

Lia is anorexic. She's keeping track of her weight, and is making goals to be under 100 pounds. When her ex-best friend Cassie commits suicide and dies, she is broken apart, not knowing what to do with herself anymore. This is her journey toward happiness and understanding.

I think that Laurie Halse Anderson's novels are all about something tragic, from depression, to abuse. I can't wait to see what else she has in store. Even though Lia was depressed and falling apart, she was a strong character, and that's one of the things I loved about her. Even though her life was in a wreck, she didn't want to die.

This was gorgeous, and absolutely stunning.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!