Tilt, by Ellen Hopkins

Sunday 27 October 2013

Title: Tilt

Author: Ellen Hopkins

Rating: 3/5 stars

Release Date: September 11, 2012

Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Format: Hardcover Edition

Goodreads Average Rating: 4.17

Age Group: 13+



    I guess I would have to say that this novel was more of a coming of age novel, like you have to understand some things about people's lives before you read this book, definitely.

   I loved how Ellen Hopkins created this out of another of her adult novels, Triangles, and how everyone is related in some way and how they all have some teenage problems. Also, how it's written in poetic form is excellent, I love reading those type of novels.

   I enjoyed reading Mikayla's and Harley's story the most, maybe because they're girls, I don't know. They just seem like very interesting people who have very interesting stories. I don't know if I would recommend this novel to someone else, mainly because it wasn't what I thought it would be and wasn't super interesting all the way through, but you could say that it was pretty enjoyable when you think about it, I have mixed feelings.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!