Once We Were, by Kat Zhang

Saturday 25 January 2014





Once We Were (The Hybrid Chronicles #2), by Kat Zhang

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Dystopian

Other Hybrid Chronicles Books

Rating: 4/5 stars









Goodreads Summary: "I'm lucky just to be alive."

Eva was never supposed to have survived this long. As the recessive soul, she should have faded away years ago. Instead, she lingers in the body she shares with her sister soul, Addie. When the government discovered the truth, they tried to “cure” the girls, but Eva and Addie escaped before the doctors could strip Eva’s soul away.

Now fugitives, Eva and Addie find shelter with a group of hybrids who run an underground resistance. Surrounded by others like them, the girls learn how to temporarily disappear to give each soul some much-needed privacy. Eva is thrilled at the chance to be alone with Ryan, the boy she’s falling for, but troubled by the growing chasm between her and Addie. Despite clashes over their shared body, both girls are eager to join the rebellion.

Yet as they are drawn deeper into the escalating violence, they start to wonder: How far are they willing to go to fight for hybrid freedom? Faced with uncertainty and incredible danger, their answers may tear them apart forever."


Review:

  • The first book in the series was phonomenal. The concept was gorgeous and I've never read anything similar before. I want more series to be as good as this one, and I think that more people should read this, ASAP. 
  • This one wasn't as strong as the first novel, but I did like it. I wanted more.. drama. I wish that Eva and Addie learned to be more independent, I found that they relied on each other too much. I really liked this, and am looking forward for the next novel.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!