Shelter, by Harlan Coben

Friday 10 January 2014




Shelter (Mickey Boltair #1), by Harlan Coben

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Mystery

Other Mickey Boltair Books

Rating: 3/5 stars










Goodreads Summary: "Mickey Bolitar's year can't get much worse. After witnessing his father's death and sending his mom to rehab, he's forced to live with his estranged uncle Myron and switch high schools. Fortunately, he's met a great girl, Ashley, and it seems like things might finally be improving. But then Ashley vanishes. Mickey follows Ashley's trail into a seedy underworld that reveals that Ashley isn't who she claimed to be. And neither was Mickey's father. Soon Mickey learns about a conspiracy so shocking that it leaves him questioning everything about the life he thought he knew.

First introduced to readers in Harlan Coben's novel Live Wire Mickey Bolitar is as quick-witted and clever as his uncle Myron, and eager to go to any length to save the people he cares about."

Review:

  • I expected this to be much better. The summary sounded much more interesting and I did want it to be interesting, I really did. I was shocked with the outcome. It ended up being a boring book that really didn't have a clear concept.
  • There are a lot of good reviews on this one, and of course I expected it to be good, in fact, amazing. I was definitely disappointed with the slow moving plot and boring events.
  • Mickey was... absurd you could say. He thought differently than most.
  • I don't have much to say and I'm pretty speechless. 






No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!