The Alpha Bet, by Stephanie Hale

Wednesday 8 January 2014





The Alpha Bet, by Stephanie Hale

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Chick-lit

Other Stephanie Hale Books

Rating: 4/5 stars









Goodreads Summary: “Some teenagers use drugs or sex to escape overbearing parents. I used books. All my life my mother has been hovering over me, afraid to let me experience ANYTHING. So I got really good grades, graduated from high school when I was sixteen, and escaped to a new life--my own life--at college. To jump-start my social life, I decided to rush the Alphas, the most exclusive sorority on campus. Things started to get complicated when I told one little white lie. (Okay, maybe not so little.) Then one of the sisters invoked the Alpha Bet, a super-secret set of alphabetical tasks we pledges have to complete to prove our loyalty. Now, the Alpha Bet has taken over my life. Can you spell B-E-T-R-A-Y-A-L?”


Review:



  • I've put this book back many times because I thought that I would hate it. It seemed very cheesy and like those other chick-lit girly novels that aren't worth buying. I really enjoyed it and finally I got to read a book that took place in college.
  • I say that this was the perfect coming of age novel. It tells you about life and the decisions that you make, even if they aren't the most wisest. 
  • This was super-fast paced and I finished it in an hour or so. The story started off very quickly and before you knew it, Grace was part of the sorority and everything happened and ended.
  • Grace was a good character and likeable. She realized her mistakes after she created them and wasn't too hard to impress. I liked her character and she reminded me of myself.
  • Great and am looking for more like t

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!