Death and the Girl Next Door by Darynda Jones

Saturday 8 February 2014
Death and the Girl Next Door (Darklight #1), by Darynda Jones
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Supernatural/Paranormal
Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Sophomore Year Was Never Supposed to be This Complicated
Ten years ago, Lorelei McAlister's parents disappeared without a trace, ans she is finally beginning to accept the fact that they're never coming back. Life must go on. She's got her grandparents and the support of her best friends, and high school is not quite as painful as she thought it would be.
But This is What Happens When You Fall for the Angel of Death.
Until the day the school's designated loner, Cameron Lusk, begins to stalk her, turning up where she least expects it, standing outside her house in the dark, tough, sexy Jared Kovach - comes to school. Cameron and Jared instantly despise each other, and Lorelei seems to be the reason for their animosity.
Life as She Knows it is About to Change Forever.
What does Jared know about her parents? Why does Cameron tell Jared he can't have Lorelei? And what will any of them do when Death comes knocking for real? Thrilling, sassy, sexy, and inventive, Death and the Girl Next Door proves Darynda Jones is a force to be reckoned with.

Review:
  • I expected this book to be much better. I normally do like books about psychics and such, but Death and the Girl Next Door wasn't the best around.
  • The concept was okay. To me, the story was a little too cheesy and predictable. I wish that the author would've added less romance and cheesy talking and more drama and history about who Lorelei was and is.
  • I rate it a 3.5/5 stars because for the boringness it created at points, but the characters weren't too bad.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!