Used to Be by Eileen Cook

Friday 14 February 2014
Used to Be, by Eileen Cook
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Chick-lit
Rating: 4/5 stars

Hailey is tired of always doing exactly what’s expected of her. She’s going to prove she’s not perfect by breaking a very big rule in a very public way…with a very unexpected partner in crime. When Hailey gets caught, she loses everything--her best friend, her boyfriend, her popularity, her reputation. Now Hailey is up for anything . . . maybe even the boy she never noticed before. But even with her new bad-girl image, she still has to ask herself: How far is too far?



-------------------------------------


Lauren and Helen used to be best friends…until Lauren betrayed Helen in a manner so publicly humiliating that Helen had to move to a new town just to save face. Now Helen is back, and she’s planning to bring down her former BFF by taking away everything that's ever been important to Lauren--starting with her boyfriend.

Watch out, Lauren Wood. Things are about to get bitchy.

Review:
  • I loved Eileen Cook's Unraveling Isobel. It was the perfect ghost-chick-lit story. I definitely expected Used to Be to be just as good, and it almost made it that far. I liked the storyline better in UR, but Used to Be also had two great stories about rebelling and first love and revenge.
  • I preferred Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood better. It reminded me of some experiences that I had to go through in life not too long ago and kind of made me depressed at one point, lol. Helen was a very strong main character and I liked her thinking and attitude toward things. Lauren was such a beotch. Ugh she made me SICK and I hated her so much.
  • The Education of Hailey Kendrick was also pretty good. Hailey reminded me of myself in a way, I really care about my education and like Hailey, I want to get a medical degree one day.
  • The romance wasn't too crazy and big in these two books for me but I did like them anyways. Amazing!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!