Before I Go by Riley Weston

Thursday 13 March 2014
Before I Go, by Riley Weston
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Death/Sickness
Rating: 5/5 stars



Sixteen-year-old Madison Henry has been skating as long as she's been walking. Coached by her mother, Annie, she is on her way to the Olympics. When tragedy strikes unexpectedly, Madison is forced to look at her life differently. Before I Go spotlights the unbreakable bond a mother and daughter share and the love everyone hopes to experience in their lifetime.

Review:



  • Never have I ever thought that this book would end up one of my favourites of all time. It was seriously amazing and I wouldn't have changed anything. The writing was absolutely deep and powerful and will move all readers. I recommend this to any lover of John Green's The Fault in Our Stars. 
  • The summary really doesn't tell you much, especially how gorgeous the book ended up to be. There is a huge amazing romance that caused me to fall head over heels with. Jack and Maddie were an absolute perfectionous (my own word) couple. Their love for each other wasn't like any other love, and their words for each other caused chills on my spine. 
  • This was so fast-paced, the pages began to turn by themselves because I really felt like I couldn't put it down. The loudest distractions around me seemed to flash away before my eyes, I even shooed my family away while reading this! 
  • I was never ever ever bored. The author's writing was spectacular and really was easy to signify the different perspectives of the characters, it felt definitely real.
  • I loved Madison and her mom's relationship. The author really tried to signify that their relationship was wide and open, and of course, it was written astonishingly, as well as Madison's and Jack's romantic relationship/friendship.
  • The ending was horrifying, but in a good way, obviously. I was bawling my eyes out, even though I knew what was coming. It was so sad, but then ended up beautiful and happy.
  • I don't have mixed feelings for this book- I know one thing for sure, and that thing is that this book is absolutely definitely amazing and because of that, I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO THE ENTIRE BOOK COMMUNITY, because you won't be left angry. This was perfection.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!