Gloss, by Marilyn Kaye

Thursday 20 March 2014






Gloss (Gloss #1), by Marilyn Kaye

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Chick-lit

Rating: 3/5 stars










Goodreads Summary: "New York, 1963. 
Fashion, music and attitudes are changing, and there's nowhere in in the world more exciting. Sherry, Donna, Allison and Pamela have each landed a dream internship at Gloss; America's number-one fashion magazine. 

Each girl is trying to make her mark on New York and each finds herself thrown head-first into the buzzing world of celebrity, high-end fashion and gossip. But everything isn't as glamorous as it seems - secrets from the past threaten to shatter their dreams. 

They're finding out that romance in New York is as unpredictable and thrilling as the city itself."



Review:



  • Umm.. I really had mixed feelings about this one. Three-quarters of my opinion is bad and the other quarter has a good side to it. Let's start with the bad. This book wasn't that great at all. I got bored a lot. The whole story didn't have a meaning behind it, and I didn't like the setting that much either. The 60's was a fantastic era, but I really don't see it in a modern, chick-lit teen novel.
  • The characters were pretty bad and dull. Sherry was my favourite, she had some sort of sense of direction in her than the other protagonists.
  • The only good thing about this is the concept. I kind of like the idea of internship at a fashion magazine office, who'd think that 4 girls would get this chance in the 60's?
  • Okay. I probably wouldn't recommend this book, but give it some hope. Maybe you'll like it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!