The Almost Truth, by Eileen Cook

Sunday 30 March 2014





The Almost Truth, by Eileen Cook

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Chick-lit

Rating: 4/5 stars










Goodreads Summary: "Teen con artist Sadie might be over her head. To escape her backwards small town, delusional mom, jailbird dad, and the tiny trailer where she was raised, she also must leave Brendan. Sadie wants a better life, and she has been working steadily toward it, one con at a time, until her mother wipes out her savings. 

Brendan helps devise ultimate con. But the more lies Sadie spins, the more she starts falling for her own hoax, and perhaps for the wrong boy. Sadie wanted to change her life, but she wasn't prepared to have it flipped upside down by her own deception. With her future at stake and her heart on the line, she suddenly has more than just money to lose.Teen con artist Sadie might be over her head. To escape her backwards small town, delusional mom, jailbird dad, and the tiny trailer where she was raised, she also must leave Brendan. Sadie wants a better life, and she has been working steadily toward it, one con at a time, until her mother wipes out her savings. "


Review:





Eileen Cook always pleases me, and this was just another of her fantastic books, but not the best. There was many moments where I just felt so many emotions and I was so captivated.

Sadie was a pretty good character who had a lot of potential and used it correctly. She was kick-ass girl who reminded me of some sort of detective stuck in a chick-lit book.

The romance wasn't really strong but the storyline definitely flowed well with it. It was kind of sad and tragic, like a Sarah Dessen story, and the romance just helped Sadie evolve from her shell.

I found the story to be really good. I enjoyed it but I needed more romance and drama. Okayyy.



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!