Undercurrent by Paul Blackwell

Friday 14 March 2014
Undercurrent, by Paul Blackwell
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Suspense
Rating: 5/5 stars

In this suspenseful teen thriller with a touch of the otherworldly, a boy goes over a waterfall and wakes up to find himself in a twisted version of the life he knew. Why did his best friend try to kill him? Why are his parents acting like he’s a sports star all of a sudden? Worst of all, what happened to his older brother? Filled with mind-bending suspense and unsettling thrills, Undercurrent is a grippingly paced teen debut that will pull you under and never let go.



Review:

  • Since I judge books by their cover, Undercurrent really gave me a whole other expectation. I thought that this would be a dystopian novel. *giggles* I was wrong. I guess that you'd say that this is a mystery-sorta science fiction-thriller. There's no definite genre for it, and that's what I love about this book, next to the many other reasons.
  • The plot is so suspenseful, at the end of every chapter and page I was left shocked. I couldn't put it down! The majority of the novel was left mysterious but definitely eventful. The author wrote everything so deeply, and that concept and idea was outrageously unbelievable.
  • In my opinion, Callum was a great character. I found him very intelligent and wondrous at the same time. He was so lost at times, but I felt bad for the little fella. He had so much energy in him, even though so much was going through his mind at times.
  • The ending was so surprising. I felt like through the whole book, I didn't know what was happening, but in a good way. I am fangirling, because this book was too good. I went through it in two hours or so, but I felt so intrigued and captivated the whole ride through. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!