Clarity, by Loretta Lost

Sunday 1 June 2014

Clarity (Clarity #1), by Loretta Lost

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Romance, Abuse

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Book #: 1

Publication: February 20, 2014, by Createspace

Format: ebook




Goodreads Summary: Fiercely independent Helen Winters was born completely blind, but she vowed never to let her disability keep her down. She did not expect a traumatic event to devastate her life and force her to drop out of college. Disillusioned by the cruelty of people, Helen retreated from society to live by herself as a reclusive writer in the woods—where no one could ever hurt her again.

When a brilliant young doctor shows up on her doorstep, promising her that his new research can give her the ability to see for the first time, Helen stubbornly refuses. She has learned not to trust anyone, and to rely only on herself. But Dr. Liam Larson will not take no for an answer. He makes it his personal mission to rescue Helen from her loneliness, and bring joy into her world once more—the joy she has denied herself for so long.

When Helen’s demons come racing back into her life, threatening to rip her apart and destroy the strength she has carefully rebuilt, Liam is the only one who might be able to save her.

Can he reach the broken girl in time, helping her to heal and see the world in a different light? Or will Helen’s grief send her spiralling out of control, lost to him forever?


Review:


Review copy provided by Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for a honest review and feedback.


 Reading Clarity was like seeing something extraordinary happening, like the first time a bird flies. It was so touching and beautiful and charming, and is absolutely recommended to everyone, young or old.


   
   What can I say? I absolutely adored this book and I'll remember it forever. It is such an unique heart-breaking moving story. Colour me surprised! (Seriously.)

     Right from the first chapter, moving events were occurring. Three years before the actual novel takes place, Helen Winters was raped at the university she was attending. This scarred her for life, and since that time, she dropped out of school and went to live on her own in the woods in New Hampshire, far away from her family in New York. Adding to that, she's been blind since birth. When two doctors arrive to her door and explain a miracle blind procedure that can help her see again, she isn't sure if she's ready to be free and opened up to people, including Liam, a match made from heaven.

       What a beautiful story and plot. I was addicted from the beginning! One of the reasons why I loved this so much was probably because I could relate to Helen so much. She's a writer, I'm a writer, and we both love being alone and away from society, but then need people to help us out. I loved her as a protagonist and reading from her POV really touched me and I know it will touch other readers from years to come. I was never bored!
         
        All of the other characters were amazing. I adored Liam from the start and I knew that he was the right one for Helen from the beginning! Like how can you not see his hotness and amazingness?


            But I bet he's an absolute hottie. <3 *ovaries explode*

            The only flaw in this book was the romance. I was very disappointed with it because it was hardly there! I wanted some cute action between Liam and Helen! :( Hopefully there'll be more of that in the next book. *squeals* But the conversation between Carmen and Liam on the telephone seriously killed me. xD

             Although this was a contemporary-romance, it was such a deep, action-packed story. There were many plot twists that we weren't expecting and I recommend it to everyone! Pick it up, it's free on Amazon for your Kindle! 

Mini-Review:

-I loved this book! It has such a beautiful meaning to it and is definitely recommended.
-The plot was fast-paced and plot twists were everywhere!
-I loved Helen, the protagonist and Liam her love interest.
-The only flaw was the romance because there wasn't much of it.
-AMAZING.


2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for this amazing review! It really means so much to me and gave me happy tears. The gifs were adorable as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you're very welcome! Thank you for writing an amazing book! That reminds me, I have to get the sequel! :DD

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!