Prom Impossible, by Laura Pauling

Monday 30 June 2014

Prom Impossible, by Laura Pauling

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Chick-lit, Contemporary

Rating: 4/5 stars

Publication: May 1, 2014, by Redpoint Press

Format: ebook







Goodreads Summary: 1 girl + 1 prom + 3 guys = Prom Impossible!

Cassidy decides her senior year, including prom, will be about Michael Greenwood, the boy destined to be her soul mate. One problem. He hasn’t figured that out yet. 

But certain events meant as innocent pranks—that weren’t completely her fault—introduce her to Zeke, the reformed bad boy. And cutting deals in the boys’ bathroom with Jasper, the hottest guy in school, lands her in a complicated web of half-truths that spirals out of control. 

At the end of the year, she’s dateless the day before the big night but risks a lot more than her pride if she can’t find a way to fix her mistakes. 

PROM IMPOSSIBLE is a modern-day Shakespearean romantic comedy in the world of teens, true love, and life.

Review:

 Expecting a cheesy prom read, I was hoping for the best, with crossed fingers of course. But then, BOOM this is what this book came at me with in the end:


   So our lesson over here is don't judge a book by their cover.. or summary/look. We all expected a book that has to deal with a disaster prom, but this is something else. This book deals with true and pure reality, and about days in the life of many teenagers out there who struggle and try to deal with popularity problems and boy issues. This book isn't 100% accurate (no book is) but I even have to admit that some of these things that occurred have had me struggling the same way as Cassidy did. 

    This author featured a book that has so much depth and thought put into it that it's just not even believable, and it's all smushed into a perfect chick-lit book. 

     In some ways, this book kind of bored me because it wasn't so amazingly unique that I'm wondering how the heck someone can come up with this idea, but in others, it was great. I enjoyed reading it, seeing the drama, and gushing over the adorable romance. It's a book we want all in one, in some ways.

     This is about Cassidy. All she has ever wanted is to be seen as normal and special. She wants to be popular and so, she cracks a deal with Jasper, the hottest guy in school, but next thing you know, she's dateless on prom night, the night she's been looking forward to for her entire life. She makes regrets, wishes and who knows, maybe things will come true.

      This plot was full of twists. Coming from a chick-lit cutesy book, you'd never expect some of the things that happened and the behaviour coming from the characters. It did have its dull moments, especially towards the end, but I really liked the book all throughout. It was fast-paced, and got to the point quickly. The idea was just there. 

       The romance was just adorable.

       

         I had so many ships like you can't even imagine. I shipped everyone with everyone, if that isn't weird enough. x) But my #1 ship was Zeke and Cassidy. I LOVED THEM SO MUCH TOGETHER LIKE YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE. <3 b="">So beautiful together. 

         Cassidy was just an awesome character. I felt so bad... Because she never really got what she wanted. But she was still cheerful and happy and ugh. 

         

           That's how I would've acted. But this girl kept it all in, and still stayed strong the whole time. Now that's a hero, and when do you hear something like that in a chick-lit read? Never, let me tell you.

            Overall, this book was great. At points, you feel like you're falling with it, but the major plot twists just cause you to keep on grabbing on. You just need to.

2 comments :

  1. My goodness a book blogger had to have made that ship all the ships gif.

    You know I'm so strange. I enjoy watching teen movies like this but really don't like reading them. But you're right it does sound adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Hopefully that's a good thing. x)

      Yeah, the movies are always fun to watch as well! I was very afraid to see the outcome of this one because of its cheesiness possibility, but it ended up becoming very original and fun! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!