Top Ten Tuesday #13: Top Ten Books/Movies to Watch to Get in the Halloween Spirit

Tuesday 28 October 2014

-Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish which shares bookish lists with others.-


Top Ten Books/Movies to Get You

In the Halloween Spirit!

      
   Hello! I can't even say that Halloween is right around the corner, because it's actually in two days. *squeals* I love horror movies and books, so why not give you my top 5 recommendations of each?

    Books:

1. Asylum, by Madeleine Roux


              This one is definitely a no-brainer. I fell in love with this series back earlier in the year and I still get chills when thinking about the story's events. I loved it and it gives you the total experience of an insane asylum's future.

2. Dead Beautiful, by Yvonne Woon


                  This cover already probably makes you go nuts. I mean, it's really mysterious and old-fashioned looking, right? I loved this whole trilogy, and it was creepy, dead, but beautiful at the same time.

 3. My Sweet Audrina, by V.C. Andrews


                    Damn, this is probably the most scariest-realistic novel I've ever read. It took forever to read, but I managed to concur it in one sitting, and I was literally shaking by the time I finished it. I wish it'd become a movie!

4. Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater


                  Although this isn't really scary or creepy or anything like that, I guess you could say that it's a fantastic werewolf read. This is definitely one of my favourite paranormal-romances, and the way Grace and Sam's romance flowed, I fell in love. 

5. The Ruining, by Anna Collomore


                     I was totally saving the best for last here. This is my favourite book—okay, one of them. Murder, mystery, thriller, goosebumps, fear, craziness, psychologically insane scenes, this book has it all. It totally shows the perspective of a girl who supposed to be crazy but really isn't.


Movies:

1. Final Destination 


                    I seriously love these movies. They give me chills, and at the same time, make me think about what can happen in life—because these look exactly like real life events.

2. The Purge


                  Crazy, messed-up, dystopian. Did you know that the US decided to create "The Purge" in the movie to equalize the population? *shivers*

3. Oculus


                 I can totally call this one of the best movies I've watched this year. I literally screamed 10 times, haha. WATCH ITTTT.

4. Ouija


                   I haven't watched this one yet, but the trailer has freaked me out so much, haha. It actually released in theatres last Friday, so go see it today! (Watch the trailer first so you know what you're in for.)

5. The Possession


                     Here's another one that I've heard so many good things about. And the fact that it's based on a true story makes it a hundred times more scarier. Phew.

What are your favourite books and movies
that give you the Halloween feel?

4 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing, Michelle! Halloween isn't big here in Australia, but I wish it was. :) I definitely want to read Asylum and Shiver, and I want to see all of those films except for The Final Destination series, cause I've seen those already, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's safe to say I won't be watching Oculus..... Just that poster creeps me out completely.... I've seen The Purge and the second one. They were... interesting.
    I'm not big into scary reads but I've seen Asylum around quite a bit! If you're looking for a ghost story, I highly recommend the Anna Dressed in Blood duology. My first scary reads and it was very unique :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ebony: You're absolutely welcome! :) It's superbly HUGE here. The productivity and marketing is so keen for businesses, it's absolutely crazy. People spend so much $ on this holiday, haha. Who literally hasn't seen them?! They're classic awesomeness. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Eileen: LOL that's exactly what I thought as well! *yells* I've only seen the first Purge movie, but I have the second on DVD waiting to be watched by me... probably on Halloween night. ;) Anna Dressed in Blood is a definite other need to this list! *facepalms self* I LOVED IT! I have the sequel and definitely need to pick it up. Thanks, lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!