The Retribution of A Thousand Lives Lived... (Just Kidding)

Thursday 27 November 2014

A Thousand Lives Lived Then... To Now


        Everyone's blog has gone through some sort of transformation... Right? I mean, your blog doesn't look exactly the same now as it did when you made it, unless you have some superpowers that made you a master of blogging when you were probably considered a "Blogger newbie." 

         As I look back onto the way I used to do things around on this blog, I gag. I literally gag because I was such a failure compared to my organization and masterful skills today. It's hilarious as well because I was so lost. But, I did it on my own, so I guess I should give myself a pat on the back for that.



         Ugh, I sadly don't have any photos of how A Thousand Lives Lived look back in the day, *_* (March 14, 2013), but I can tell you that it was hideous. I used the sampler templates that they have on here and I thought I was doing the maximum. I was such a noob that I didn't discover real book review blogs until the fall of 2013? I spent more than half a year thinking that I knew what I was doing with my lazy self. And then I met so many blogger friends who have inspired me to be the best blogger that I can be, even though this is an obsessive hobby of mine that I will never possibly let go.

          So originally, this blog was called That Girl With Her Nose in a Book. Sure, it's cute and all, but way too long. How are people simply going to remember my blog's name if it's *sits and counts* 8 words?! That's pure catastrophe. 

          I guess it stayed that way for a couple of months, until I read George R.R. Martin's quote about readers living thousands of lives and BAM this name came, and it stuck. I wouldn't have had it any other way. 



           At the time, I was as intrigued in the blogosphere as I am now. I began blogging for my personal self and because a family friend of mine who's also an author encouraged me to do it since she knew I loved reading and writing. Since then, I believe that that was all of my personal history. 

            I struggled at times. I told myself that it was too much work to maintain a blog and that my review writing wasn't that good anyways and there's literally no point. But I kept going because I thought, "What else am I going to do with my life without reading and blogging?" It's honestly worthless. Blogging has given me a whole new and different outlook and insight on things that I never saw before. I truly believe that I've gotten smarter, wiser, and my skills have broaden. I probably never even sprung one of my typing finger muscles before blogging, haha.

           And I met so many of you! But don't worry, this post isn't leading up to some big news or anything, the reason why I came up with this idea was because I've gotten a new, organized look on the blog that I've been needing for ages. It's finally here! I feel like I can do anything, and there's so many new aspects that I am able to focus on now that everything's perfect. And I did this all on my own, except actually making the template. My brain is still fizzling out html. coding. 

            So what's next for me?


            I think that from here on out, I'm going to focus on my viewers. I need to interact with you more, find more of you, and do different things. I want you to enjoy coming to my blog, and not just for gaining comments or anything like that. 

I'm so ready for the future of my babbling and reading.


2 comments :

  1. You're doing great, don't worry :D I can understand how you used to feel about review writing. I always think that my reviews aren't very good. I get super anxious that nobody will want to read them and even if they do read them, they won't understand what I'm saying :( There are times where I'm just like 'what am I writing' or even 'what am I doing?'..... But it's seeing people comment and visit my blog that makes all the time and hard work I put into my blog worth it :) Keep up the good job *hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you lovely! You really made my day! Your reviews are fantastic—don't worry! But I do guess that all bloggers go through those thoughts once in a while. I totally get you, girl! But the best thing is when you realize the positives of blogging and what you're doing for people! Eee, thank you so much hun! *hugs* <3333 :*

      Delete

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!