TMI by Patty Blount Review

Saturday 29 November 2014

TMI, by Patty Blount
Published By: Sourcebooks Fire on August 6, 2013
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Romance, Mystery
Pages: 336
Format: Paperback Edition
Source: Bought
My Rating: 

Best friends don’t lie. Best friends don’t ditch you for a guy. Best friends don’t post your deepest, darkest secrets online.
Bailey’s falling head-over-high-heels for Ryder West, a mysterious gamer she met online. A guy she’s never met in person. Her best friend, Meg, doesn’t trust smooth-talking Ryder. He’s just a picture-less profile.
When Bailey starts blowing Meg off to spend more virtual quality time with her new crush, Meg decides it’s time to prove Ryder’s a phony.
But one stupid little secret posted online turns into a friendship-destroying feud to answer the question: Who is Ryder West?
   TMI was one of those books that you feel like you'll instantly want to read when you spot it in the bookstore. Even by looking at its cover, you'll be able to tell what it's about, but even by looking at that, it automatically pops into your head that this is a unique story.


     I'm really proud of this book for impressing me. But before you start thinking, "Why is she saying that it impressed her if she only gave it three stars?" let me tell you that it was a good book, not to get you thinking twice or doubting me, or anything like that.

     If you read between the lines, you'll find that this is a book about friendship, but it's absolutely more broken down and messed up, compared to something like Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson, let's say. And these two friends? They're imperfect as well and they try to create so much drama—it was overly exaggerated.

       TMI got to the point, quickly. This all began when Simon broke up with Bailey, and she got pissed. Meg, her best friend, was there for her and Bailey went on to going online and trying to get ideas for her video game idea. Through her blog, she meets someone named Ryder West, and they click instantly. Bailey seems to find that Ryder's the only one who can understand her fully, and they both love the same hobbies. But what happens when things go too fast and you start spilling secrets and they end up all over the place? You don't have time for everyone in the world, right? What if your best friend needs you the most but you push them away too fast?
       
    Shit happens in life. What do you honestly expect? I believe that fate is the ruler of everything,a and that everything happens for a reason, cheesy or not. But really, how far can things go? These characters were so annoying, I was about to let this book go to a DNF by page 100. But instead, I kept on going because I wanted to know what was going to happen. Without that mystery in between, I'd probably be giving this book a 1 star rating.

       Fights happen there and there, but this was awfully to much for anyone to handle. One minute, the situation's simple, and the next, everything's messed up and the apologizing begins but soon after, everything goes back to the way it originally was. 


       I saw this mystery forming in my head before I began the novel. I made some assumptions and predictions on what would happen when I passed the midway point through the book. I actually had no idea what was happening, and what was going to happen for that matter.

       As I finished reading, I realized that this story is so possible. Many stories like this and thousands of times worse than this happen daily and all over the world. Patty Blount made Meg's story so believable and wonderful at the same time—I felt like I was living it and watching it from a bird's eye view.

    I must say other than the horrible characters, this book had the potential to become a hit and impress the whole world. The romance was simply gracious and everything I wanted to become. It fit in with the story, and at the same time, it didn't take over the concept, either. Either give this a shot or not, you'll either be missing out on the works of a good story or you'll go on with your life.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments, I always read them, they always make my day and help me improve my posts. Thank you!